Summer 2013 Financial Aid Instructions
An application for Summer financial aid will not be required for 2013. However, to be considered for financial aid, students must register for classes. The Office of Student Financial Aid will calculate eligibility based on completed 2012-2013 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) information and anticipated summer enrollment. Students will be notified by email when the award is available for viewing on The Blue & Gold Connection . If your enrollment status changes you must contact the Office of Student Financial Aid immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org to determine eligibility status.
- If you have not previously applied for financial aid for the 2012-2013 academic year, you must complete a 2012-2013 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and the central processor must receive it no later than June 30, 2013. All required supporting financial aid documents for the 2012-2013 year, must be on file with the Office of Student Financial Aid Services by the deadline of July 3, 2013.
Available Aid Programs
- Summer Federal Pell Grants are only available to undergraduate students who:
- Did not use all their eligibility (were not paid a full-time full-year Pell Grant) for the 2012-2013 academic year.
- Are enrolled for a minimum of three credit hours in a combination of the Summer 2013 sessions.
- Have a completed FAFSA on file with Office of Student Financial Aid Services by June 30, 2013.
- Federal Direct Student Loans are available to students who:
- Have remaining loan eligibility (See Loan Limits).
- Are enrolled for a minimum of six credit hours in a combination of the Summer 2013 sessions.
- If eligible, students will be notified to complete the process by logging on to the Blue & Gold Connection
- Dependent students requesting a PLUS loan will need to complete a new application at: https://studentloans.gov/
Disbursement of Federal Pell Grant
Disbursement of the Pell Grant occurs no earlier than 7 days before the first day of class for each term. Grants are applied as credit on your university student account.
Disbursement of Other Grants and Scholarships
Disbursement occurs no earlier than 7 days before the first day of class for each term. Grants and scholarships are applied as credit on your university student account.
Disbursement of Student Loan Proceeds
In order to receive a loan for summer, you must enroll for a total of six credit hours in any combination of Summer sessions. If you enroll in 3 hours in the first term and 3 hours in the second term, your disbursement of loan funds will occur at the beginning of the first term. In the event that your enrollment drops below half-time status, your Summer loan will be canceled, and you will be responsible for 100% of the Summer loan and University charges to your student account. You must contact the Office of Student Financial Aid before making any changes to your enrollment.
In order to receive aid from any of these programs, you must meet all eligibility requirements defined by program guidelines and federal regulations.
Please Note: If your enrollment is below 6 hours (Total Summer Hours), you are not eligible for loans, and your grants may be revised or canceled.
This page was last updated on: April 12, 2013