Skip to main content

Communication Sciences and Disorders | About

Communication Sciences & Disorders

Communication Sciences and Disorders (CSDO) is a growing field in today's society. The demand for speech pathologists and audiologists is constantly increasing and will continue to grow for the next several years. As a speech language pathologist (SLP) or audiologist (A), one can expect to work with a variety of people in a multitude of settings. With a bachelor's degree, one can work as an assistant under the supervision of a licensed speech language pathologist or audiologist. With a master's degree you can work in hospitals, rehabilitative clinics, schools or even private practice.


The Speech-Language Pathology Program at Texas A & M University - Kingsville will be recognized nationally for the superior academic and clinical training of Speech/Language Pathologists, and regionally as a provider of outstanding clinical services to persons with communication and swallowing disorders. The program will meet or exceed required guidelines of accreditation bodies, licensure requirements, and certification standards.