11th Annual Pathways Student Research Symposium
Hosted by: Texas A&M University-Kingsville
Guidelines for Oral Presentations
Oral Presentation Guidelines
Oral presentations are only available for participants in the Social Sciences and Humanities Disciplines.
- Please show up 10 minutes prior to the panel start time if you need to upload your presentation to the computer.
- Presentations are limited to 15 minutes: 12 minutes for the presentation and 3 minutes for questions from the audience.
- Please be advised that presentations exceeding the limit will be cut off by the moderators in the interest of time. Practicing your presentation will prevent this from happening.
- STUDENTS MAY ONLY ENTER ONE OPTION; POSTER OR ORAL, NOT BOTH.
Judges’ Review Criteria:
- Printed Abstract: Is the abstract concise and accurate? Does it reasonably resemble the work presented?
- Overall Work & Approach: Was the study/project based on original work by the presenter and was the overall approach appropriate for the problem? Was the approach novel or new?
- Results & Discussion: Were the results explained and were the original questions/goal answered with the results?
- Presentation & Quality: Was the presentation supported with simple, clear, and appropriate graphics? Was text used appropriately?
- Presenter: Was the presenter knowledgeable, clear, articulate and organized?
- Knowledge of Topic: Did the presenter lend confidence in the work with his/her presentation? Did the presenter answer questions appropriately and demonstrate a good overall knowledge of the topic?
This page was last updated on: October 25, 2013