To be considered for financial aid at TAMUK, an applicant must:
- Be admitted to Texas A&M University-Kingsville as a regular student
- Be enrolled at least half-time in an eligible program of study.
- Be a US citizen or permanent resident of the United States.
- Have completed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by the appropriate deadline.
- Not be in default on a student loan.
- Not owe a refund on a federal grant.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Not be enrolled in a seminary or in a program leading to ordination or licensed to preach for a religious sect or be a member of a religious order.
- Students must re-apply for financial assistance every year by completing the requirements stated above. The award does not continue automatically beyond award period.
- Meet the requirements of the Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy.
Transfer students must make sure that all financial aid is cancelled at the previous institution to ensure that there will be no delays in the awarding of financial aid at Texas A&M University-Kingsville.
Federal regulations require a student to be making satisfactory progress toward the completion of a degree or certification in order to be eligible to receive Title IV funds. The Financial Aid Office at Texas A&M University Kingsville applies this rule to ALL students applying for any aid. Please Review the Satisfactory Academic Progress Requirements.
TASFA Students Please Click here for eligibility information (House Bill 1403/Senate Bill 1528 students only).
This page was last updated on: May 08, 2013